Monday, October 17, 2011

Dirty Politics--My first real rant!

When I was at the ‘top of my game’ I was managing political campaigns and winning. I think I’ve worked on over thirty big races from State Representatives to Mayors to City Council members and not once did I stoop to mudslinging. Of the thirty odd races I assisted in, we won all positions but one.

I despise dirty politics. Dirty politics is just that…dirty! And it shouldn’t be tolerated by anyone especially us. The reason that most of the candidates do it is because it works….and it works because we the voters make it work by giving in to the dirt and believing the twisted tails and outright lies that are spewed upon us.

I don’t do campaigns anymore. The last one I did was for State Representative Jean Doerge’s campaign. She and I decided early on that we would not stoop to dirty campaigning. And being the gracious lady she is, she didn’t. Her opponent ran horrific ads slamming her for things that were not true. She did not retaliate. She ran a clean campaign and she won. So, it is possible to run a clean campaign and come out on top.

We’re all being bombarded with ads on television and literature in the mail with candidates attacking their opponent. It doesn’t have to be that way. Let us send a message to them. “Enough Already.” If these candidates can’t win on their own merit, record and character, then they don’t deserve to win at all. If they will stoop to dirty tactics to get elected, what do they do when they are supposed to be serving us?


1 comment:

  1. Yes, Ma'am!!!!!!! It seems to me that if politicians stopped attacking one another and started WORKING TOGETHER, this country would be in much better shape. But what do I know... I'm just a voter.

    ReplyDelete