Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Open your heart and find your 'Arley James'

Arley James was special. But there are many Arley Jameses.  She was unique to us because we chose to make it so. We didn't let prejudice keep us from accepting her invitation to come into her home. While she may have been poor, she was certainly rich in spirit. And it was her spirit that enriched our lives.

I've shared this story about her over the years with my art students. I don't want them to allow fear or prejudice keep them from experiencing the joys of true friendship and unconditional love.


1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what I thought when I read the previous post about the Arley art pieces. We have all ran across an Arley James or two that would probably offer just as much insight or more.

    ReplyDelete